Broomfield and Boulder Violent Crimes Defense Attorneys
Violent crime charges can be as serious as they are stigmatized, as these cases can:
- Draw public attention
- Result in the accused suffering impacts to their reputations, freedom, careers, etc. even before the case is resolved
- Be associated with extremely harsh penalties, making it critical to have the strongest possible defense.
At Peter Loyd Weber & Associates, our Broomfield and Boulder criminal defense attorneys have extensive experience defending people against violent crime charges. When accused people entrust their defense to us, they can be confident that they will have the strongest possible defense, their rights will be protected throughout their case and they will have the best chances of successfully resolving their case.
Our Violent Crimes Defense Practice
The violent crimes defense practice at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates is focused on aggressively defending the rights of people accused of various types of violent crimes, including (but not limited to) those associated with:
- Assault charges, including first degree assault, second and third degree assault and vehicular assault charges
- Domestic violence charges, including both misdemeanor and felony domestic violence charges
- Threats and menacing charges, including harassment, extortion and reckless endangerment charges
- Kidnapping charges, including first and second degree kidnapping charges, as well as false imprisonment charges
- Homicide charges, including first and second degree murder charges, manslaughter charges and vehicular homicide charges.
Factors to Consider in a Violent Crimes Defense Case
The facts of a given case will play an important role in developing the best defense for the accused. With violent crimes cases, some of the specific factors that will need to be considered can include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Whether anyone was actually hurt in the course of the alleged crime (as violent crime charges can be filed even when there is a mere threat of violence)
- The nature and severity of the victims’ injuries
- Whether anyone was killed in the course of the alleged crime
- Whether there may have been provocation
- Whether “heat of passion” may have been a factor in the case
- Whether a weapon was used in the course of the alleged crime
- Whether there were any witnesses to the alleged crime
- Whether the accused person has a criminal record, particularly if there is a record of previous violent crime convictions.
Broomfield and Boulder Violent Crimes Defense Attorneys at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates
Have you or a loved one been charged with a violent crime? If so, the Broomfield and Boulder criminal defense attorneys at the Peter Loyd Weber & Associates are ready to immediately start defending you. Our goal is protect your constitutional rights throughout the criminal process while helping you obtain the best possible outcome to your case.
To discuss your best defense options and find out more about how we can help you, call us today at (720) 863-7755 or email us using the contact form on this page. We offer complimentary consultations, and we take pride in always being available to our clients – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week – so that they have the personal attention their case deserves.
From our offices based in Northglenn, Broomfield and Boulder, we provide the strongest defense and highest quality legal services to our clients throughout Weld County, Adams County and the state of Colorado.