Lewd and Lascivious Conduct
Lewd and lascivious conduct is essentially any illegal, sexually charged action that has been committed to arouse the perpetrator at the expense of an alleged victim. Because lewd and lascivious conduct includes a range of different crimes, these offenses can be misdemeanors or felonies, depending on:
- The facts of the case and the severity of the alleged offense
- The age and number of alleged victims
- Where the alleged offense was committed
- Whether the accused individual has prior convictions for sex crimes.
At Peter Loyd Weber & Associates, our Broomfield and Boulder criminal defense attorneys are skilled at defending people accused of offenses related lewd and lascivious conduct, and they are committed to working diligently to helping the accused build the strongest possible defense.
Charges Related to Lewd and Lascivious Conduct
While lewd and lascivious conduct can include a number of different offenses, just some of the crimes that are classified as lewd and lascivious conduct include:
- Indecent exposure or the intentional, obscene exposure of oneself. While a first offense is typically a Class 1 misdemeanor, subsequent offenses can be charged as Class 6 felonies.
- Solicitation or prostitution, or any activity related to prostitution. While prostitution and solicitation are generally misdemeanor offenses, pandering (forcing someone to engage in prostitution) or pimping (living off of the profits of prostitution) are typically felony offenses.
Lewd and Lascivious Conduct: The Penalties
Although the penalties for offenses related to lewd and lascivious conduct will vary according to the specific nature of the alleged crime, the following are just some of the potential penalties that people can face upon conviction:
- Jail or prison time
- Expensive fines
- Mandatory registration as a Colorado sex offender
- Permanent criminal record
- Mandatory mental health treatment
- Community service.
Given the severity of these penalties, it’s critical that accused people have the strongest defense.
Broomfield and Boulder Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates
Have you or a loved one been charged with an offense related to lewd and lascivious conduct? If so, the Broomfield and Boulder sex crimes defense attorneys at the Peter Loyd Weber & Associates are ready to immediately start defending you. Our primary concern is protecting your constitutional rights throughout the criminal process while:
- Building you the strongest possible defense
- Helping you obtain the best possible outcome to your case.
We have a proven record of success and excellence in helping our clients favorably resolve their criminal cases, and we are ready to put our experience, knowledge and skills to work for you.
Let’s Discuss Your Defense – Contact Us Today
To talk about your defense and how we can help you, contact us today by calling (720) 863-7755 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page. We offer complimentary consultations, and we take pride in always being available to our clients – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week – so that they have the personal attention their case deserves.
From our offices based in Northglenn, Broomfield and Boulder, we provide the strongest defense and highest quality legal services to our clients throughout Weld County, Adams County and the state of Colorado.