Broomfield and Boulder Marijuana Attorneys
With the passage of Amendment 64, the recreational use and possession of marijuana in Colorado – up to a certain amount – has been decriminalized. However, there are still some very strict laws regarding the possession, growth and distribution of marijuana in Colorado, and being charged with a marijuana drug crime is still a very serious matter that can require the assistance of an experienced attorney.
At Peter Loyd Weber & Associates, our Broomfield and Boulder marijuana attorneys are dedicated to providing aggressive legal advocacy and the strongest possible defense to people accused of marijuana crimes. We have the experience, skills, legal knowledge and integrity that you can rely on to favorably resolve your marijuana charges.
Colorado Marijuana Laws
The following is brief overview of the some of the more important Colorado marijuana laws to be familiar with:
- Marijuana possession – People who are at least 21 years old are legally permitted to possess up to one ounce of THC (including marijuana buds, edible products, etc.) in Colorado, regardless of whether they live in the state. As with alcohol, a state ID or passport is generally required to prove people are of age.
- Marijuana purchasing limits – In a single transaction, non-residents are restricted to purchasing ¼ ounce (7 grams). Any of-age adult, however, in the state can possess up to one ounce of marijuana.
- Marijuana use and cultivation – It is still illegal to use marijuana in public places. When it comes to growing plants, cultivation must be done in enclosed, locked spaces, and of-age adults are limited to growing no more than 6 plants (only 3 of which can be flowering at a given time).
- Marijuana use and driving – Drivers who have 5 nanograms per milliliter of blood of THC will be considered to be intoxicated and can be issued DUIs. In other words, it’s generally illegal to drive when under the influence of marijuana.
How Our Broomfield and Boulder Marijuana Attorneys Can Help You
Our marijuana crimes practice is focused on providing the highest quality defense services to various parties facing marijuana-related criminal charges. Just some of the parties who we are experienced at representing in these cases include:
- Recreational marijuana retailers
- Medical marijuana caregivers
- Marijuana product manufacturers
- Medical marijuana patients
- Recreational users.
Some of the specific types of marijuana criminal charges we can help our clients successfully resolve include (but are not limited to):
- Marijuana possession charges
- Marijuana cultivation charges
- Marijuana distribution charges
- Marijuana trafficking charges.
Contact the Broomfield and Boulder Drug Crimes Defense Attorneys at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates
Have you or a loved one been charged with a marijuana crime? If so, the Broomfield and marijuana attorneys at the Peter Loyd Weber & Associates are ready to immediately start defending you. Our primary concern is building you the strongest possible defense so that you are able to obtain the best possible outcome to your case.
To discuss your defense and find out more about how we can help you, contact us today by calling (720) 863-7755 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page. We offer complimentary consultations, and we take pride in always being available to our clients – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week – so that they have the personal attention their case deserves.
From our offices based in Northglenn, Broomfield and Boulder, we provide the strongest defense and highest quality legal services to our clients throughout Weld County, Adams County and the state of Colorado.