A month ago, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and the Colorado State Patrol (CSP) partnered up to put on a Power of Parents workshop aimed at informing parents on tools to use to education their kids on the dangers of underage drinking and conveying that kids should never get in a car with a drunk driver.1
That event was topped off on April 21, which was designated as the national day beginning of beginning that difficult, but very important conversation with their children about drinking alcohol and getting behind the wheel drunk.
Takeaway from the ‘Power of Parents’ Workshop and Survey Parents Took
Here’s are some of interesting findings from the workshop survey results:
- Survey results indicate that a majority of parents do talk with their kids about the dangers of getting into a car with a drunk driver; however, many admit they are sending hypocritical or bad impressions at times because of their own behaviors
- 80 percent of those parents surveyed indicated they talk to their children about the dangers of getting into a vehicle with a drunk driver
- Unfortunately, 43 percent of those parents admitted that they have had an alcohol drink or two and then drove their children somewhere
Parenting and setting the right example for our kids is a huge impression that lasts a lifetime, so if you are a parent, make sure you are setting the right examples.
Contact a Boulder DUI Attorney at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates
Have you or a loved one been charged with a DUI after drinking and driving? If so, an experienced Boulder DUI attorney at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates will help you navigate the complicated legal journey in front of you. We are compassionate in our approach, but fight hard for our clients from unjust and frivolous criminal charges ranging from municipal code violations to felony charges, our Adams County and Boulder DUI attorneys:
- Can guide you through the intricacies and complexities of a DUI case
- Have the knowledge necessary to provide you with informative, aggressive legal advocacy
- Are committed to providing each of our clients with personalized care, providing you with truthful answers, and cost-effective representation.
To talk about your defense and how we can help you get the best possible outcome in your case, call us today at (720) 863-7755 or email us using the contact form on this page. Our first consultation is free of charge, and we take pride in always being available to our clients – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week – so that they have the personal attention their case deserves.
From our offices based in Northglenn, Broomfield and Boulder, we provide the strongest defense and highest quality legal services to clients who are charged with DUIs and other automobile accidents throughout Weld County, Adams County and the state of Colorado.
1“MADD and Colorado State Patrol launch annual PowerTalk 21 efforts” published in The Villager, April 2016.