Nichole Weber Engle, Intellectual Property Attorney
Nichole Engle has experience in all areas of intellectual property, including assisting clients with:
- Domestic and international patent prosecution
- Portfolio management
- Domestic and international trademark prosecution
- Intellectual property licensing
- Trade secrets
- Due diligence
Ms. Engle has extensive experience coordinating large international patent and trademark portfolios and strategic patent prosecution. In her practice, Ms. Engle works closely with and has developed strong working relationships with international counsel.
- D., Georgia State University, cum laude, 2010
- S., Microbiology with Specialization in Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, with honors, 2002
- A., Political Science, Michigan State University, with honors, 2002
Ms. Engle also has extensive foreign studies, including:
- Honors studies in comparative legal systems and comparative politics at the University of New South Wales
- Honors studies in Western European politics and politics of English-speaking democracies at the University of London
- Legal studies in international commercial arbitration at the University of Linz
She has also interned with the Australian Parliament where she studied the formation of Australia’s gene technology legislation.
- Weber, Nichole. The Role of Public Consultation in the Formation of the Gene Technology 2000 Legislation (Canberra: Australian Parliamentary Library, 2001)
Admitted to Practice
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2009
- Georgia Bar, 2010
- American Bar Association
- Georgia State University Alumni Association
- Georgia Young Lawyers Division Intellectual Property Law Committee
- Georgia Young Lawyers Division Women in the Profession Committee
- Michigan State University Alumni Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Computer Software
- Computer Architecture
- Financial Services
- Intellectual Property Due Diligence
- Mobile Communications
- Mobile Device Security
- Mobile Payments
- Mobile Transactions
- Molecular Biology
- Network Communications
- Secure Transactions
- Software Licensing/Contracts
- Trademark Prosecution
- Trade Secrets
- US. Patent No. 8,385,553 to Jooste et al.
- US. Patent No. 10/491,605 to Brickell et al.
- US. Patent No. 8,401,904 to Simakov et al.
- US. Patent No. 8,396,935 to Ciurumelea et al.
- US. Patent No. 9,591,880 to Fishbein et al.
- US. Patent No. 9,239,887 to Johnston et al.
- US. Patent No. 9,634,982 to Hui et al.
- PCT Patent Application No. PCT/US11/63091 to Google Inc.
- PCT Patent Application No. PCT/US12/61756 to Google Inc.