With Labor Day just around the corner, law enforcement officials across the state are already out in greater force to track down and arrest any motorist suspected of drunk or impaired driving.
As Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) has reported:
- The heightened enforcement effort, which was kicked off about two weeks ago, will continue through this coming Tuesday, Sept. 6th.
- Checkpoints, roving patrols and saturation patrols are just some of the ways police, sheriffs and state troopers will be cracking down on suspected impaired drivers.
- At least 90 agencies will be participating in this effort.
Emphasizing the importance and scope of this crackdown, Col. Scott Hernandez, Chief of the Colorado State Patrol (CSP), has noted that:
Over the years, the Labor Day enforcement has taken thousands of impaired drivers off the road… Troopers from across the state will be working overtime to protect the roads from impaired drivers, ensuring Coloradans can enjoy the end of the summer safely.
Labor Day Weekend Is Known for High DUI Arrest Rate, CDOT Reports
This warning about the stepped-up DUI enforcement effort happening this weekend may carry more weight in light of the following facts:1
- Every year since 2013, at least 1,000 people in Colorado have been arrested for an alleged DUI offense over the Labor Day enforcement period.
- Breaking this down to a daily basis, this means that, during the Labor Day crackdown, at least 50 people are arrested for a suspected DUI offense.
- This high arrest rate makes the Labor Day crackdown the 3rd leading period for DUI arrests in Colorado.
- The departments that tend to make the most DUI arrests over the Labor Day crackdown include the Denver Police Department, the Colorado Springs Police Department and the Aurora Police Department.
The Bottom Line: Plan Now to Avoid a Labor Day DUI Arrest
Knowing that police are fixated on arresting any driver suspected of impairment over this coming holiday weekend, make your plans now to avoid a DUI arrest over this coming weekend. Some options include (but, of course, aren’t limited to):
- Getting a friend to agree to be your sober driver.
- Making your plans around the available public transportation.
- Relying on professional drivers, like cab drivers, or ride sharing services to get you home safely.
- Finding somewhere to stay on the evening of the party or event so that you don’t have to worry about driving or transportation at all.
Tell us how you are planning on avoiding a DUI arrest this coming weekend on Facebook & Google+. And, if a DUI arrest does happen this weekend (or at any point in the future), contact us for experienced DUI defense representation.
Contact a Boulder DUI Attorney at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates
If you or a loved one has been charged with a DUI in Adams County (or anywhere in Colorado), an experienced Boulder DUI attorney at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates is ready to immediately start defending you. Our primary concern is protecting your constitutional rights throughout the criminal process while helping you obtain the best possible outcome to your case.
To talk about your defense and how we can help you, call us today at (720) 863-7755 or email us using the contact form on this page. We offer complimentary consultations, and we take pride in always being available to our clients – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week – so that they have the personal attention their case deserves.
From our offices based in Northglenn, Broomfield and Boulder, we provide the strongest defense and highest quality legal services to our clients throughout Weld County, Adams County and the state of Colorado.
1: These facts and statistics have been reported by CDOT officials over the past few years. Detailed reports regarding these statistics are available here.