Resuming Colorado DUI Costs: Here’s How Much a DUI Can Cost You (Pt. 1), here, we will continue pointing out some of the specific expenses that people have to deal with when they have been convicted of drunk driving in Colorado.
Keep in mind, the Colorado DUI costs discussed herein are based on a first-time DUI conviction and that these costs will sharply increase for any and every subsequent DUI conviction.
Colorado DUI Costs: The Administrative Costs
In addition to the court costs, there are also usually various administrative Colorado DUI costs people have to contend with, and these costs tend to include (but may not be exclusive to):
- Ignition interlock device installation and maintenance costs – These can vary, depending on the service provider chosen and the length of time a driver has to have an IID on his vehicle. Generally, however, IID costs range from about $480 to $1,500.
- Towing and vehicle storage fees – Again, although these can vary according to what towing company takes a vehicle and how long that vehicle remains stored with the towing company, generally, these Colorado DUI costs tend to range from about $100 to $300.
- Alcohol education program enrollment costs – These fees usually range from about $150 to $1,000.
- Community service supervision fees – These usually cost about $50 to $75, depending on the length of time people are ordered to complete this service.
- Driver’s license reinstatement costs – These expenses are usually between $20 and $75.
As a result, the total costs of the administrative Colorado DUI costs can range from about $800 to nearly $3,000. When added to the court Colorado DUI costs (which we discussed in detail in the first part of this blog series), the total costs of a first-time DUI in Colorado – so far – are between about $2,200 and $5,800.
For a look at some additional Colorado DUI costs not mentioned thus far – but that can be significant and profound, be sure to check out the conclusion to this blog series. It will be published soon.
Adams County and Boulder DUI Attorneys at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates
Have you or a loved one been charged with a DUI? If so, the Adams County and Boulder DUI attorneys at Peter Loyd Weber & Associates are ready to immediately start defending you. Our primary concern is protecting your constitutional rights throughout the criminal process while helping you obtain the best possible outcome to your case.
We have a proven record of success and excellence in helping our clients favorably resolve their criminal cases, and we are ready to put our experience, knowledge and skills to work for you.
Let’s Discuss Your Defense – Contact Us Today
To talk about your defense and how we can help you, call us today at (720) 863-7755 or email us using the contact form on this page. We offer complimentary consultations, and we take pride in always being available to our clients – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week – so that they have the personal attention their case deserves.
From our offices based in Northglenn, Broomfield and Boulder, we provide the strongest defense and highest quality legal services to our clients throughout Weld County, Adams County and the state of Colorado.